MUSIC INTERNS * ( 2 vacancies )
Founded in 2008, Hong Kong New Music Ensemble is a professional music ensemble with the mission to promote contemporary classical music in Hong Kong.
HKNME is looking for one TRUMPET PLAYER and one KEYBOARD PLAYER (project-based, 12-month contract) to join the Ensemble as Musician Interns, from the period of April/May 2020 to April/May 2021, applicants must satisfy the following requirements:
- Hong Kong residents at age of 18 or above;
- recent music graduates having completed related studies within the past 3 years in Hong Kong or abroad (final-year students will also be considered);
- aspire to pursue music at a professional performance level and passionate in contemporary classical music performance;
- process excellent level of musicianship and technicality;
- excellent teamwork with ensemble musicians and composers;
- assist project on promoting contemporary classical music.
HKNME Music Artistic Internship Scheme serves as a platform to provide professional level performance opportunities for one local emerging musician in the performance of contemporary music. The scheme is a comprehensive programme encompassing training, performances and international exchange.
Successful candidate would be expected to participate in several projects during the 12-month internship period.
Applicants should apply before 31 March 2020 with full CV and TWO video or audio recordings, preferably one contemporary work, for panel screening to (via Dropbox links or similar means). Shortlisted candidates will be invited to interviews / auditions in person in April 2020. Successful candidates and will be notified by 30 May 2020 at the latest.
* The Artistic Internship Scheme is supported by the Hong Kong Arts Development Council
PROJECT OFFICER (part-time)
Founded in 2008, Hong Kong New Music Ensemble is a professional music ensemble with the mission to promote contemporary classical music in Hong Kong. In coming years, we have numerous uplifting programmes and exciting productions with art organisations worldwide.
In our ever-changing times, we invite highly motivated and dedicated individual to join us as Project Officer.
- To assist administration for the season programmes, concert productions and affiliated projects;
- To assist conductors in collecting, distributing and archiving scores;
- To assist the production team and artists in concert logistics;
- To facilitate production workflow and maintain rehearsal space;
- Flexible work schedule, at least 3 days per week; Possibility of teleworking.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holiday period according to actual production schedule;
- Report to directors and managers for supporting administrative tasks.
- Happy to make things happened with very talented people around the world;
- Aspired in pursuing a career in arts production;
- Final year undergraduate or Degree holder; with 1 or 2 years relevant experience
(postgraduates student may be considered depending on experience and skills);
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Knowledge of basic audio-visual post-editing for social media marketing is definitely an advantage.
Applicants should apply before 31 March 2020 with full CV and reference from past productions to . Shortlisted candidates will be invited to interviews in April 2020.